1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth not working after CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by akash27, Apr 21, 2013.

1. akash27

akash27 New Member

Apr 21, 2013

Sponsored Ad

I updated my Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM using TWRP recovery. Everything is working fine except for bluetooth. I tried to replace bluetooth.apk file in device root/system/app with some .apk file I found on one of the xda forums. But that didn't work.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    akash27, since you are using a custom ROM you are probably going to have to contact the developer of the ROM. It could be a known issue with an easy solution or it could be unique to your device, but the developer is going to have to be the one to provide assistance.

Not sure about changing files or substituting them as I am not a rooter myself. Obviously that didn't help so see what the developer advises........

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    I had Wi-Fi problems when using custom ROMs on my HTC One X before and it was due to the modem.bin file not being altered or something like that. I ended up using a RUU to restore the device and then everything worked perfectly from then on. I am not sure how you can do that on a Samsung, though.

5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Should be able to find the matching modem file to flash to a custom ROM.

I think kies is involved in restoring a Sammy to OEM firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 4

6. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    I think I may have misread your post at first. I thought by Sammy you meant a firmware specific to your device from SamMobiles, because if so then yes that's how I restore it to stock. I just download the latest firmware for my device and flash it using Odin. I have not tried using Kies for that, to be honest with you, but Odin works just fine. I also use TriangleAway in order to reset the flash counter so that if anything goes wrong with the device, I can benefit from the warranty.

7. lox2013

lox2013 New Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Sometimes twrp don't work for that phone use the regular clock work mod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Everything Android