1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Bootmanager

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by cchannelz06, Oct 5, 2011.

1. cchannelz06

cchannelz06 New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Sponsored Ad

This is a pretty neat app if you like trying different roms but don't like to go through all the hassles of flashing a new rom each time you want to try something different. This app allows you to boot up to 4 different roms off your sdcard plus the base rom on your phone. Only requirement is your phone rom must be a 2ndinit rom. The app is on the Android market. Works pretty sweet. Currently I have MIUI as my phone rom and CM7GB plus Shuji 2.2 on my sdcard that I can boot into.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Interesting... but what is a 2ndinit ROM?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. cchannelz06

cchannelz06 New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I don't know the technicalities behind how 2ndinit works. I know it has to be used on pure aosp roms with phones that has locked bootloaders like the DX. MIUI and CM7 are both 2ndinit roms. If you do a Google search for CVPCS he did an interesting write up on his blog about how 2ndinit works.

Edit: http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-14/2nd-init._what_it_is_and_how_it_works

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    cvpcs is a regular modder at DroidForums. hes helped me alot in the past so I would highly recommend his work to anyone