1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Boy is it dead over here.....

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by MrNiceGuy79, Sep 29, 2009.

1. MrNiceGuy79

MrNiceGuy79 New Member

Sep 29, 2009

Sponsored Ad

This forum sure isnt jumping the way the everythingpre forum was jumping 2 weeks before the phone came out.

Anyway, is anyone planning to pick up an HTC Hero on Oct 11?? I know i will. I wonder if we will be able to root it or load custom ROMs, or is it not possible due to it being a CDMA version of the phone.

Hopefully someone out there in WWW land is reading this. LOL

2. fanof8and3

fanof8and3 New Member

Oct 5, 2009
    signal strength on hero

will the hero get the same signal strength as my blackberry curve, if so i m all in on oct. 11

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    you really only need to post this question once
    but it should depened on your carrier and the area you are in

5. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    I already have accounts with AT&T and Verizon. Sure don't need to add T-Mobile and Sprint! :dft011:tounge_out

I'm waiting eagerly for more news on Verizon releases - Motorola Sholes, for sure, and the other device held by the Google CEO during the press release. I'm very interested to know whether this is simply a VZW branded Hero, or a revised Tattoo.

6. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    I am seriously thinking canceling my iPhone on AT&T and porting over my # to Sprint to try the Hero. I want to have a Android device to write apps on and use in the real world as opposed to just using the emulator. Heading to Sprint today to play with their demo device. :dft011:tounge_out

7. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    Not sure I'd go that far at this time. I'd like to test the waters with an Android device to complement, for the time being, my iPhone. That role is currently being filled by a Blackberry Storm. Complement my iPhone, it does not.

Are you willing to pay the ETF or are you already at the end of your contract?

8. bub710

bub710 New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    I've been looking at reviews of the hero all day and I must say I am impressed. I'm eligable for an upgrade with sprint but even after rebates it's $179 before tax and activation. my moto Q9c is still running pertectly so it will be hard to talk my wife into approving the purchase. Gee, I hope i don't drop my phone in the toilet...;)