1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Browsers

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bberryhill0, Jan 31, 2010.

1. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I installed the Dolphin browser and my Eris became unuseable. Uninstalling fixed it. I wi/ havw to flaah my Q to Verizon so I can have a real phone again.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    so you dont like the eris?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Animal~is~awake

Animal~is~awake New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Better browser than the default browser!

I have been using the xScope File Task Manager Browser for a couple of months in my Motorola Droid. It has been tested by a few different discussion groups and was found to be faster than other browsers. It allows YouTube video downloading. It also has a better type of zooming, after you get use to it. It's called pin zoom. The developer is here in the USA and is the fastest developer I've ever found to reply to your questions or problems. After he explained the problem to me, I found it was a problem with myself. Typical of a lot of problems people have. LOL A device only works as good as the operator does. :dft012:wink

I would highly recommend the xScope browser. The developer really keeps on top of the development of this great browser.

Another Droid Addict!
    Animal

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Getting over it. Long days of setup. I still want to flsah my Q to Verizon for days I need to type. The Eris is great for reading. It is paprticularly annoying on this site becauae the reply box dowan

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    xScope seems to have disappeared. Durn.

7. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    we should be seeing firefox for android soon, and yesterday skyfire announced that they acquired the company that created the Steel browser, so that's looking up too

8. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Last I saw Firefox was at least six months out.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    #10 n99hockey, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  10. vrchards

vrchards Guest

I Wud prefer Opera Mini.....the scrolling feature is Quite Good!!!!

Sometimes it does nt connect to GPRS on series 40 phones......

11. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I am curious as to which browser everyone is using on the phone. I have tried most of them.

Dolphin HD is great, using it for a while, but suddenly slower than sap!

Dolphin Mini was so-so. Skyfire seems very "busy". Used that before flash was available.

The native browser doesn't have tabs, which doesn't bother me, but everytime I use it, and click a link within it, I get a pop-up asking me which browser to open it with! (I know this is because I don't have a browser set for default, but I want it this way....No other browser does this. If I am in Dolphin and click a link, it opens in Dolphin! Sort of how you would expect it to work...like on a pc. If I am in Chrome and click a link, I don't get asked if I want to open it in IE7!)

Next up, FF for Android. This was ok, but it was huge! Took up too much room. Passed on it quickly.

Currently trying the Miren Browser, which I believe is the native browser for the MIUI ROM. It has been "ported" as a stand alone, and it is blowing the speeds of the others away! It has tabbed browsing, intuitive gestures (can be set to switch between tabs or "forward/back", which is what I use), full screen, and a really clean look.

Anyone else try these? Or others? Thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

12. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I use xScope. It has some quirks but works well for me.
    market://details?id=sui.m

I never could get the gestures to work in Dolphin.

Why the stock browser always asks which browser you want to use is beyond me.

Swyped from my xtrROM 4.6.5 Eris

13. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    Loaded Dolphin HD last night, I don’t know if I like it or not yet.

Sent from T's X using Everything Android App

14. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Off to look for xScope!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Stock browser, I like Chrome to Phone extension on the Chrome PC Browser, never tried with with any other phone browser. It does what I need it to do.

While there are no tabs, it does have windows you can switch between.

16. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  17. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    ^^^As always, thank you!^^^

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

18. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Thanks for the great subject! There is a comment somewhere that Miren is slightly better than xScope. I eagerly await your review.

Swyped from my xtrROM 4.6.5 Eris

19. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I have used nothing but the stock browser. It does everything I need it to do with the exception of a secure site problem I'm still working on. Honestly tho, I rarely browse onnthe phone when I have my ipad with me most of the time. Much easier on the old eyes to browse there.