1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Buy a Droid or not... that is MY question!!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Athos, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Athos

Athos New Member

Nov 29, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Hi! I'm from Argentina and I want to ask some things before buy my droid (milestone here), i hope you can help me:

- I had read that the camera is lazy and the pictures are not very good. Exist some kind of update that correct this? :dft006:unhappy

- Can I use Gps without signal of my celular company? Because, if I don't have 3g, I can't download the maps from google, so, how I see where I am?!?! :dft003:cool

Thanks! :dft012:wink

2. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    There is/was a focus issue that will occur on 25 day cycles and we are currently within a good cycle. We are expecting a fix on Dec 11then through Verizon, not sure how that works with your provider.

It has a true GPS so you can always get the coordinates without service, the mapping software does currently need cell service to get map data.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Athos

Athos New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Excelent!! Thanks for your answer!!

Well, in my country it'll begin to be sold from 12 of dicember. If you are gonna take the updating one previous day, I'll be able to take a better desition!

About the gps, yes, I know that it is built in. I refered that i have to be connected all the time because "the mapping software does currently need cell service to get map data". But, if i take a route and i have a bad signal, i'll be without maps.

Exist Garmin for android? I was searching but i don't find nothing. Garmin is what I use in my celular nokia, with the cartography pre-charged, and I was looking for something like that.