Calendar Now Only Syncing Back 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Android' started by sulster, Dec 28, 2011.

1. sulster

Bronze

Droid Razr Rooted 2.3.5 with Exchange

Updated to 748 over the weekend and I think this is when the problem began, but I can't swear to it. Based on some things I saw, I have deleted the Calendar Storage and tried removing and adding the Corporate Sync but it still only goes back a couple of weeks (excepting repeat items, which are showing up like normal).

Has anyone else seen this? I have Titanium Backup and see that I have a Calendar Storage backup from 12-26. What kind of conflicts would I create if I restored that?

2. n99hockey

I can't speak 100% WHY its only going back 2 weeks, but I would check how long your email is set to sync, I think it corolates...I am not sure.

And I would never restore system apps and data, might open a box of worms if you are running a custom ROM, but if you are just stock rooted, it MIGHT be ok. But if you restore, there is a change it will just re-sync and go back to where it was (2 weeks of data)

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. sulster

Bronze

Yeah, I've got that set as far back as it will go (1 month).

And, I guess I could reset and reroot. What a PITA, but I have to have my entire calendar.

5. n99hockey

Re-root?
    Why would you need that? Did you lose your root access with the latest update?

6. sulster

Bronze

7. n99hockey

Blarg....I thought there was a permanent root available for the RAZR

8. sulster

Bronze

Yeah...no

9. EQBob

Silver

I thought 2 weeks was the default sync time for an Outlook calendar? Pretty sure that beyond that, you have to effect a change in whatever app you're using.

10. sulster

Bronze

Well, I tend to have calendar schizophrenia, but right now I'm using Pocket Informant because I can color code categories. I'm trying to help test Pimlical (former Datebk addict) but the events created there are showing up as Meeting Invites in Outlook, so that's not feasible for me yet.

This is the case in PI as well as the built-in Calendar. ETA: Meaning the two week thing.