1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar Problem with Sprint Hero

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by impaler, Dec 3, 2009.

1. impaler

impaler New Member

Mar 6, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Hey all,
    ever since I activated my Sprint Hero in October, I get this error that pops up: "Sorry! The application com.android.providers.calendar (process com.htc.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It's driving me crazy, because it's causing my calendar to not sync...appointments created on the device do not flow to GCal, and vice versa. I have the 1.56.651 update from Sprint applied the day it came out. I think the calendar problems have to do with this process crashing. Anyone else seeing this? Any recommendations?

2. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    What troubleshooting steps have you performed?

Did it behave this way from day 1? Perhaps something you installed is causing an issue...

Do you have many apps installed from the Market? You might try uninstalling them one-by-one (especially calendar-related ones) and see if the problem persists.

I imagine you've restarted the phone (many times) already, and that hasn't resolved the issue.

As a last resort, you could try a factory reset... again, I'd only recommend a factory reset after all other troubleshooting has been exhausted as it will wipe out all data/settings on your phone.

http://www.hardreset.eu/htc_hero_hard_reset_soft_reset_en.html

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. impaler

impaler New Member

Mar 6, 2007
    t,
    thanks for the suggestions. I haven't done much troubleshooting, just been dismissing the error. I was hoping the update would help. It does not seem to be a systemic problem, from trolling the forums for the same issue, and searches are not turning up much. I see many folks had the time zone issue, but I consider that issue completely unrelated to this.

I do have quite a few Market apps installed, including Advanced Task Killer, a couple games, and a notetaking app. Nothing for sure that directly manipulates calendar entries.

I've soft reset the phone many times, yes. And I'm well aware of the factory reset option, just trying to not do that unless absolutely necessary. It would be a royal PAIN to have to set everything back up again...but I'm thinking maybe I do a factory reset, let everything sit, and not install any apps--then install them one by one and see if anything causes trouble.