Droid Camera button

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Phones' started by tj!2k6, Nov 17, 2009.

1. tj!2k6

Bronze

Is it just me, or is the camera button on the Droid useless unless you're actually in camera mode, when you can use it to focus...?

I'd love to be able to use the camera button to bring up the camera when the phone is unlocked instead of having to go back to home, then find and select the camera icon in order to launch it. Or can you already do this, and I'm just missing it?

If not, does anyone know of an app that will enable such functionality on the Droid?

(Or are there any skilled programmers around here who might be willing to create such an app? :dft012:wink)

Thanks!

2. dragonfly

Bronze

If you hold down the camera button for a few seconds longer it will automatically go into camera mode :dft012:wink

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. tj!2k6

Bronze

Really??? Geez, let me try again...

You've got to be kidding me, I feel like such a tool... I wasn't pressing hard enough! I didn't realize there were two pressure levels... d'oh!

Thanks!!!

5. dragonfly

Bronze

Yeah the 2 levels are supposed to be first level is "focus" 2nd level is take picture :dft010:big_smile

6. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Good post I was wondering about this too, the delay is too long inkling my opinion this needs fixed.

7. animal

Bronze

i use it to "wake up" my phone if the screen goes dark...

8. tj!2k6

Bronze

I agree, the lag from pressing the shutter button until it actually takes the picture can be a bit aggravating, hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.