1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Can not turn on my HTC phone

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Belly, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Belly

Belly New Member

Sep 19, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Ok, it got power off this morning, I charged it then, but two hours later, I can not open the phone, I tried many times, and I don't know why. Anyone has the same problem, please tell me, thanks very much. PS: I just got it for about a month, it's new phone.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    If I understand correctly, the phone turned off, probably because you let the battery run down? It charged, but two hours later you couldn't turn it back on?

Sounds like you may have killed the battery. Can you try a different one? LiIon batteries do not like to be run down below 20% charge and doing so can damage the battery where it can no longer take/hold a charge.

Suggestion is to purchase a new OEM battery, charge it fully and try again. Buy a high quality OEM battery, not a cheap knock-off. If that solves it make sure you do not keep running it down so low. When near a power source keep it plugged in to top it off. Once charged you will not hurt it to keep it plugged in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. loustewart

loustewart Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Remove the battery and reinsert it.

5. nothingtofear

nothingtofear Member

Oct 25, 2012
    There are some other batteries like the ANKER ..it gives you more power than the OEM..

6. Samaralive

Samaralive Guest

Remove the battery and reinsert it. Then charge it while phone is off. It will be automatically turn on. If the problem exists change the battery and try.

7. Nate Jacobs

Nate Jacobs Guest

There are issue with battery or charger.You can check your mobile and battery other mobile,if one device id occur fault ,so replace with new one.

8. Bradeeter

Bradeeter Guest

Your battery is dead. You need to replace it. Try replacing the battery to make sure about this.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Bradeeter, remove the spam links from your signature. It is a violation of the TOS rules.