1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Samsung Fasinate voice dial with a Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tom tree, Sep 30, 2010.

1. tom tree

tom tree New Member

Sep 30, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Verizon replaced my Droid X with a Samsung Fascinate but I can't voice dial with my Bluetooth. The first couple of days it would try all sorts of stupid combinations eg. I would say "Call Joe" and it would give me a list of call
    " Did you say call Penelope? ; did you say call Obama?; Did you say call Sam" Nothing even close to what I had said.

Now it won't do anything. I click on the Bluetooth and the screen says "please wait" and nothing happens.

Went to Verizon store and they said the Fascinate wouldn't work with a Bluetooth for voice dialing. I drive 50 K miles a year often permitted over size and over weight. Voice dialing is not an option; it's a necessity.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It is running Android v2.1 so no it cannot, its not the devices fault, its the OS's fault. When it gets the v2.2 upgrade it will be able to voice dial via bluetooth.

That was a major flaw in Android v2.1

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. tom tree

tom tree New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Any idea when 2.2 is coming out?

Do you know if the upgrade will also have what I call the magnifying feature like the Droid and I understand the I-Phones have? Where in an email or text message, you lightly tap and it magnifies a small portion of the screen and you can drag that portion around to make corrections? Any idea what the official name of this feature is?

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    No I don't know when the update is coming out unfortunately.

Have you tried pressing and holding on the text? A magnified glass like screen comes up on my Incredible. Give that a try.

6. tom tree

tom tree New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I tired -- 3 people @ Verizon store also tried and no go. I had a Droid X and that feature was great, but I couldn't send emails using email IMAP and I need to sync with my home computer. Even my primitive Blackberry Storm could send emails.

I could receive and delete from the Droid X, but not send. Verizon replaced the Droid X with the Fascinate saying that it was similar and that I'd be very happy with it. Similar but no cigar.

Can't voice dial with B Tooth and no mag feature.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Well, bluetooth wont work until v2.2, unless you root and load a custom ROM. As far as the magnified glass, I am not sure, I can try to mess with my wifes Fascinate tonight and see.

So this phone is able to send emails but the X wasnt?
    That seems very odd.

8. tom tree

tom tree New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Yep -- The Droid X couldn't send emails, Verizon tried another X and a Droid 2 on the same server settings, but no work. They tried two different BBs and they worked fine. I am BB shy after having a Storm and didn't want to go back there, so the manager suggested a Fascinate.

The IT guy at my server checked all the settings and he had no explanation why I couldn't send from the Droid X!!

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thats very strange that the Motorola phones wouldnt let you send emails.

Just checked my wifes phone, can't figure out a way to magnify the text, although, you could always pinch to zoom if you need to get closer. :/