1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't find ultra power mode on Galaxy S5?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by drake, Oct 19, 2014.

1. drake

drake New Member

Oct 19, 2014

Sponsored Ad

ok, so i bought a galaxy s5 off a guy who got it as a free upgrade and decided he wanted to stick with his iphone. its brand new. first thing i do is open it up and try out the finger print option for security... and i lock my self out so i power down and hold power+home+volume-up. I select, recover>factoryreset. and then its reset so i go through all the steps of setting the phone up and then i go to check out ultra power save mode but can only find the regular power save mode. i then go into the power saving option in the settings menu and get only one option and it is @2131495362... theres also no easy mode on this phone and it wont take screen shots. i did three more factory resets and im rattled because not even samsung knows what to do.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am sure there is a question in there, not just a rant....

Where are you looking for the Ultra Power Saving Mode> As I understand it you swipe down from the top of the display with 2 fingers to open the quick settings drawer and tap on the toggle for UPSM.

Screen shot? Press the power button and the home button at teh same tiem and you should hear the shutter sound. Another way is to use a palm swipe. I stole this graphic from Android Central because a picture says a thousand words:
    [​IMG]

If the palm swipe doesn't work it may be turned off in Settings. Settings > Motion > Motions and gestures > Palm swipe to capture . Toggle ON.

Let us know how this works out for you.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. drake

drake New Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Yeah I've checked all the menus and still no power saving mode. Its just not there and when I open up motions and gestures there just on option to turn on air gestures And it still doesn't work.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What OS version is on your phone?

Also, list the model number from the Settings >About Device

#4 stevetaz, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  6. drake

drake New Member

Oct 19, 2014

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Model number?

8. Fatima Tayab

Fatima Tayab New Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Please tell us model number, as the model number is main thing to know about before suggesting a complete and correct solution.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Okay, enough. The thread is almost six month old and it is clear the original poster has no interest....

No more resurrecting old threads for a post count.....

Thanks!