1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't get apps to delete????

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, May 10, 2013.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I know I'm missing something, but .....

I want to delete Google Currents. It's an app i installed. It also uses data when it hasn't even been opened or used.

I go to play store, it says I can open or uninstall all updates. I uninstall all updates.

It still shows in my app lit, ow as needing updates.

So how do I uninstall this thing?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You can't delete it from the phone? The app has to be deleted, no?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Correct. Although i did just remember settings, apps, manage,mselct, uninstall. That seemed to work. Thought we used to delete from App Store? Maybe 1000 miles of driving in 3 days affected my brain as well as my back.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Don't think I have ever deleted an app from the App Store. Would never even think to do it that way.

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Maybe I just dreamed that. And google current appears to now be defined as a base android app and can't be deleted. I've set it to be disabled instead,

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    In the future, long press on the app in the app drawer, drag to the top of the screen where it says uninstall.

(You still have the Nexus right?)

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Yes. I see that now. Must not have long pressed before!

Thanks!!!

9. Olivia50

Bronze

Sep 18, 2013
    If you want to delete the system inbuilt or stock apps from the device.... Rooting would help.

#8 Olivia50, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Apps installed by the user should never require rooting. What are you talking about?

11. Olivia50

Bronze

Sep 18, 2013
    Sorry for the misunderstanding... I have edited my answer... I just mixed the custom ones with the stock ones.. Hope now it's good

12. Eula5136

Eula5136 New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Thanks for sharing.