1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

cant install APK

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Jim Silverlock, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Jim Silverlock

Jim Silverlock New Member

Jan 7, 2013

Sponsored Ad

The problem that brings me here is that I am unable to install an APK after backing it up. I get to the screen that says 'do you want to install this application' at the bottom is 2 buttons, one says cancel and the other on the left says install, the cancel button works fine where as the install button won't press, it's like it is frozen.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Did you enable non market apps to be installed from the settings?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Jim Silverlock

Jan 7, 2013
    yes, non market apps from unknown sources is checked in the global settings.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    market app or system app?
    Which app did you use to back up with?

6. Jim Silverlock

Jan 7, 2013
    market app - however the screen that I am taken to is definitely a system one and happens when I try to do other things, for example; I tried to download swiftkey flow beta the other night and got the same problem, just cant click the install button, also happened when I tried downloading icon pack apk's from tasker website.

7. Jim Silverlock

Jan 7, 2013
    I finally have worked out the problem - I have 'screen filter' installed, when I have the shade on the install button won't work, solution is to turn the screen shade off and screen brightness on full. Conclusion = must be a bug with screen filter.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Never heard of screen filter. What is it supposed to do?

9. Jim Silverlock

Jan 7, 2013
  10. Rocksterz

Rocksterz Guest

Disable "install unknown resources" in application settings and try it again.

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Remove the spam links from your signature please. It is a TOS violation.