1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't "Touch" Icon on Home Screen

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Jamie Oliver, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Jamie Oliver

Jamie Oliver New Member

Nov 8, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I'm completely new to tablets and especially touch screen devices (plain old blackberry user, here :))

I have a Nexus 7 for work that I'm starting to try and set up and use and I'm trying to set up a working desktop on the home screen, but the icon for Google Drive ended up getting dragged and dropped high at the top of the screen, right below the gray Google header bar and now I can't seem to "touch" it to bring it down or remove it. Every time I try to touch or tap it, I get the wallpaper menu. Any idea how to clear the screen to get it off there and start over?

Thanks!

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I am sure you have, but have you rebooted the device? I wonder if you did remove it, but the screens still shows it and thus picking the wallpaper option rather than the icon itself.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Jamie Oliver

Jamie Oliver New Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Well, I thought I had and that didn't work. But I checked and the icon was also back in the goggle menu as if it WASN'T on the desktop. So I just shut it down again and restarted it AGAIN and it's gone. {shrug} Thanks!

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    No problem!

6. Alina125

Alina125 New Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Hmm its a very nice sharing and workable discussion i will try to follow thanks for sharing....