1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Carrier

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by localgod808, Aug 25, 2010.

1. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010

Sponsored Ad

More the better. May I have everyone's opinion on the best carrier?

Sent from my Nexus One using Everything Android app

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It all depends on who has the best coverage in your area.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I would also, if you travel, and where that is would have an impact on your ideas. Verizon has always had the coverage I needed. It also helps that all my friends and family have Verizon, and the company discount I get through my employer doesn't hurt either.

5. rambo47

rambo47 New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Coverage where you spend your time is king. That should always be the #1 criteria for choosing a carrier. A cheaper carrier offers no bargain if you don't get network coverage.

In my neck of northern New Jersey (exit 30 of Rt. 80), in the general Morristown area, I have excellent coverage with Sprint. I previously had AT&T and suffered dropped calls and poor data speed on 3G. My speed was no better than EDGE. 3G on Sprint around here is lightening fast and much more dependable. Plus no more dropped calls. It's all about the network where you live and work. And forget the carriers' coverage maps. If you want to know what network is best in your area, talk to some folks who have each one. People LOVE to complain about their cell service when it's not optimal so you will get some honest, if not overly critical, opinions.

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    personally I like verizons coverage.

My gf has att and cant get poop for reception at our house or at her moms. Im on 3G all day long *raises the roof*