1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Case Mate Gelli Nexus One Case Review

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Apr 30, 2010.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Well, not a full review, that will come later. More of a first thoughts. At first glance (and touch), I had real high hopes for the Case Mate Gelli for the Nexus One. It's thin, got a great feel and seems rugged for a case of this sort. It's not a skin case, but more of a flexible hard plastic. It's somewhat translucent, so you can see the Nexus One through it , which I like a lot.

Very snug fit and doesn't add much bulk to the Nexus One.

Here's my beef with the Gelli and it'll require some cutting to remove the issue. Instead of a cutout for the power button, it's actually covered. You have to really press heard to power the phone on/off. Not a fan of this at all. If it weren't for this issue, I'd be real pleased with the case.

I might cut it if I keep it. I might offer it up as a site giveaway once I write up a review, so not ready to break out the razor just yet. The case was inexpensive at $14.95 and high quality given the price.

2. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    just ordered it ... see how it goes... been a few says... what you think at this point

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    The power button is difficult to turn on/off with the case. Other than that, I like it alot. The problem is that I turn my phone on/off quite a bit throughout the course of the day and anything that impeeds with my usage isn't a good thing.

5. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    just got the case today i see what you mean about the sleep/wake button, that ish is annoying... really annoying , i dont wanna press to hard and mess the button up.. agh

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I bet a razor blade would solve the issue if you cut out the part that covers the power button. I'll probably offer up the case as a part of a giveaway, so won't be cutting mine.:dft012:wink

7. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    DO NOT cut out the holes... due to the thickness of the case, it is really hard to get to the buttons when you cut out the holes... i just ruined a 2 day old awesome (with the exception that the dam buttons suck) case. I cut out the holes... :( not good i cannot reach the buttons, they are deep in there... oh well now we all know not to do it i guess...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member

May 8, 2010
    i hope i win that case, since i just ruined mine...