1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Cases and phone behavior

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by My-Droid, Jul 22, 2011.

1. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I purchased a plastic case at one of those mall kiosks. I didn't notice it much at the time, but after I broke the case and have been using my X2 without it I have been getting better performance. Opinions?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Everything Android

2. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    how so? If i take the defender off of my x1 the phone is noticeably lighter and slick to the touch. But thats about it

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    There is a faster app loading and especially lock and unlock. I didn't have a Defender but a fully plastic, snap on case

5. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Wow. Maybe it just needed to breathe?

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

6. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    The only thing I cab think of is that the phone was getting too hot. I know that the X2 gets warm because of the dual processor design. I feel that the plastic didn't disappate(sp?) enough heat.

7. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Thats what im thinking. Does the back of the x2 get noticably hotter?

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

8. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I've not had an X before this X2 so I really can't say in comparison. I will say that it is noticeable.