1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Change was gets notified on?? (Samsung Note 3)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Nov 13, 2013.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Anyone know how you can change _what_ gets notified on for the Note 3? For example, everytime I pull down the notification bar, it's telling me what wiFi network I'm connected to. 99.7345% of of the time, I know that implicitly. I'm either at home, work, the doctor's office, etc...All of whch I know all the wifi for. I don't need told about it every screen.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    In my WiFi settings there is a check box to turn off notifications. Not sure about the Note. I get there:
    Settings > WiFi > Menu button > Advanced > Network notification uncheck the box....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Hmmm...doesn't seem to work on the Note 3. Videos say it can't be done unless rooted.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Grrrr....

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I'll assume that was at Verizon and not me. In which case, I agree <G>.
    I do long for the non-bloat code. I was notified I was starting a 10-day free trial of cityID, so I could get caller ID status...NO way to say I don't want it. Can't even find the app anywhere on the phone. Appears tobe hidden. Had to wait until a call came in, from a number that wasn't in my contacts, wait for the notification bar, click on it, selecte notifications, say no, then there was a prompt to end the trail. Sheesh.

Oh...and it's advertised of course as a free trial--but data charges apply since it doens't work over WiFi. (Then it isn't free you lying pinheads)

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Frankly I was reacting to Samsung for not including something that seems to work well and is easy to use. The Galaxy software includes it, so why not the Note?

However I suppose it could be Verizon's implementation of the system.

In either case it is pretty stupid you can't turn that "feature" off without just turning of WiFi entirely.

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    True. I am definately trying to get used to Samsung implementation vs. stock Android.