1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes at everythingAndroid

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Feb 18, 2010.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Just a quick heads up for those wondering about the plethora of new threads by my alter ego and what's happening here at eA.

We've transitioned to an integrated content management system. This essentially means that the site will now share comments in the forums and vice versa. New articles that get posted to our homepage will now appear as a link in Android News. You can comment within the forums or on the actual article. Comments will appear in both places -- this should make it easier to have conversations around a specific topic.

The new system also allows us to promote posts to articles. If a member writes something newsworthy or a great review, it can be posted to the homepage.

Plenty of other good stuff, but those are the key points.

I apologize for the mess right now. I'm hoping to finish the conversion by the weekend.

Thanks.
    Chris

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    100 new posts today is a bit much.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I'm not sure you understand what's happening. We are migrating to an entirely new content management system. The quicker the articles are the migrated, the quicker we can move forward with the new CMS. The more articles that get migrated in a day, the better.

Believe me, it's no walk in the park, but it's necessary in order to get the site migrated to the new CMS.

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Thankfully, I'm officially done with migration of older articles. Anything you see moving forward will be a new article.:dft010:big_smile

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    hey one thing i noticed with the forum
    your screen name is your full name and when i view 'whats new' and i cant see the 'last post' button when you post anything, i can see it when others post, is it possible to make that column wider?

make sense?

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Yeehaw! This is my home because the other forums have way too much chatter. I don't have time to dig through hundreds of posts to see if any of them have information. Thanks Chris.

8. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I had to change to my full name, so that articles on the homepage have my full name associated with them. It's one of the limitations.

As for the other question, is that when you are mobile? Odd. I see all this info on the desktop version.

I'll be doing a fluid width layout, so that might also be an option.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    it seems to be fine now...

i cant view either EWM or EA in mobile since it doesnt force mobile on my device, so it was on the PC

10. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The lower left hand corner of EWM has a dropdown for choosing mobile. The mobile site has no way to switch back but Chris posted a link for returning to the full site.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    that needs to be done each time?

12. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I only clicked the go back to normal view link once. Haven't wanted to get stuck in mobile again and have to dig for the link to get back. It wouldn't be a problem if I could figure out how to bookmark that link on my Eris.

http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/index.php?styleid=22

* Got it. Bookmark that link and you can easily switch between mobile and desktop views on EWM.

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thanks!!:dft010:big_smile