1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

changing OS

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Chriss1, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Chriss1

Chriss1 New Member

Sep 7, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Hello to all on the forum thismorning/afternoon. Im chris and im new to the forum so hello. now this may be in the wrong place or theirs all ready a post about this iv had a look using search but if im wrong please point me in the right direction, ok so i have a MB.Z3S, Speed tablet (www.Speed-jp.net) its some little cheep thing from china! its running 4.0.3 android version Ice Cream Sandwich, now it loves to crash apps all the time and frees up now i no your all going to tell me thats what you get for buying a cheep tablet! what im wanting to do is to change the O.S so it runs better, witch one, i dont know! hears some specks from the back of the box, CPU samsung ARM Cortex-A8 IGHz flash memory RAm built in 512mb DDR3 NAND Flash 4gb if you need any more info please just shout once agen sorry if this is in the rong place or if thairs a simalar post! thanks chris.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Welcome to eA. Your post is a bit difficult to understand, but before you go changing OS versions you might want to delete any applications, themes and backgrounds you have added or do a factory reset to see if there is a problem with the core unit restarting. Bring it back to the original "out of box" state and use it for a few days with only what was originally included. If okay then start to add applications one at a time. Use the device for some time to see if it is stable and then add another.

At some point you may see the restarting problem and it will probably be the application you had just installed. It might be a sloppily written app or maybe has a conflict with another, but removing it should correct the problem. Then you know which application to stay away from.

Make sense?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I am not seeing any custom ROMs listed for your device over at XDA or Rootzwiki...

5. mikearnill

mikearnill New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    If you want to changing your OS then first you have to delete your operating system as well as you have to download new OS application. If you are installing a new Windows-based system, make sure you have all of the manufacturer's driver discs that came with your PC hardware.

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Please stop posting nonsense about things you don't understand. And this is not a Windows forum.