1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Charging the G1

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by krazydave2000, Oct 22, 2008.

1. krazydave2000

krazydave2000 New Member

Oct 14, 2008

Sponsored Ad

So I been chargin my G1 now for about 4 hours.. And when I go to turn it on nothing happens....how long does it need to charge till its good to go??? or did i get a deffective G1???:mad:- Dave

2. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    Dave-
    I charged mine for about 4 hours or so. It should turn on after that. If you are still having problems this morning, you might want to visit your local T-Mobile Store. Did you buy online or at a local retail shop?

Could just be a faulty battery.

-Chris

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. krazydave2000

krazydave2000 New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    I bought it at retailer. Phone is working fine now. When I bought it the manager took it out box and installed sim card and battery. Once I took battery out and re-install it(last nite) . It started charging. So ive been downloading bunch of stuff today:D - Dave

PS- Thanks for response chris.

i

5. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    mine gets a full charge within 2 hours, I've noticed. Which is a nice tradeoff for it draining so quickly.

Part of me is wondering, though, if I should turn it off next time I charge it, and see if when I turn it on "100%" is really "100%" you know that sometimes a reboot makes an adjustment in some things.