1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheapest phone with 12 MP or higher

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dgastfriend, Mar 5, 2014.

1. dgastfriend

dgastfriend New Member

Mar 5, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Hi all,

I am looking for a phone to use for a mobile survey that will rely heavily on photographing administrative records. As such, I'm looking for the cheapest unlocked phone available that meets the following requirements:

1) Camera of 12 MP or higher
    2) Strong battery life - up to 8 hours of consistent use, if possible
    3) 16 GB storage, or ability to upgrade storage

I don't care about any of the other features.

I am hoping to find something that meets these features for less than $300, new and unlocked. Any advice? I've been advised to look specifically at Samsung phones, but all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    $300 unlocked Samsung phone!?
    Good luck with that.

I don't believe the phone you are looking for exists.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Don't know what you mean by "unlocked". If you are talking about being unlocked for multiple carriers, I am not sure. But if you mean unlocked so you can get root access, price can vary by carrier and if phone is a replacement, new line, upgrade with incentives, etc...

5. dgastfriend

dgastfriend New Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Unlocked for multiple carriers (we'll be using the phones in Uganda). And I'm willing to sacrifice on battery life if it has a removable battery. It seems to me that there are at least a couple phones that meet these specs for under $300 - Nokia N8 and Titan II, for example - but Samsung is the wrong place to look?

6. slimsandroid

slimsandroid New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    have you considered chinese phones? the THL T100s comes with a 13mxp camera front and back . Service provider is unlocked and RAM: 2GB ROM: 32GB, its slightly over your budget by 6$

7. Elly

Elly New Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Hii friends my name is Elly nice to meet you

8. Elly

Elly New Member

Mar 10, 2014
    I have a phone Sansung galaxy core.

9. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Samsung has many models of your requirement I thin you should have to check that out..