1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese Clone?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by muzik_guy, Oct 8, 2012.

1. muzik_guy

muzik_guy New Member

Oct 8, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Newbie here, so please be gentle. :)

I recently paid for what appears to be a Chinese clone. According to the headline of the auction, it is a i9300 knock-off. I imagine these phones are pretty familiar to android enthusiasts, but I know nothing about them. I guess their calling card is the generic Android logo in place of where most manufacturer logos would be. I realize that I pulled the trigger prematurely & probably have a clunker coming my way, but was hoping someone here might be familiar enough with these phones to offer some insight as to performance, glitches, etc...

Here is the link to the phone I won:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/i9300-Andro...Fi-/140858227960?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Appears to be a Chinese clone? No mistake there. It is a clone of the Samsung Galaxy S3. Their calling card is the price. $100 vs $300- $500. You won't know what you get until you try it out. If there is a problem with it what do you do? Ship it back to China for repair or replacement?

One spec I find very interesting is the cameras.....
    Cameras: 0.3 MP
    .3MP? Really?

Oh, and the internal memory spec is a bit odd:
    Storage Capacity: 214MB

I hope it works out for you. Let us know........

3. Sponsored Advertisement