Chrome Browser Menu Disappears on Samsung Gal S3

Discussion in 'Samsung Android Phones' started by Dazz7, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Dazz7

Dazz7 New Member

I installed the Chrome mobile browser of my Samsung Galaxy S3 and I noticed a problem when I tried to bookmark a page.

For some reason I do not have the '3 vertical dot' icon which allows to access menu items.

I've search and watched videos and think that it can only be a bug that I do not this icon.

I have uninstalled and re-install and I have seem the 3 dot icon appear besides the menu bar (next to the number that shows the number of tabs you have open), but then it disappears and does not come back.

Any one else experiencing this? Am I'm missing some incredibly obvious place to turn a setting on or off?

Dazz

2. n99hockey

I haven't noticed that behavior.
    If you try to press where that menu button is supposed to be, what happens?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Dazz7

Dazz7 New Member

Hi just fired up the mobile Chrome browser, saw for an instance the 3 vertical dots which are suppose to the menu, and then for some reason it disappears. The browser bar expands so the tab icon is right up against the edge of the screen, where the menu button should be.

Put in this area, I end up pushing the tab button and showing tabs, but still, no 3 three vertical menu buttons.

Very frustrating.

Assume it is a bug.

5. n99hockey

Does it do it in both portrait or landscape?

This is very strange, I haven't seen this on my Galaxy Nexus

6. Dazz7

Dazz7 New Member

Does it both in portrait and landscape.

7. n99hockey

That is very odd, looking through Google, I am not finding anyone else with this issue yet.

8. stevetaz

I have been following this thread and I have also not seen any other reports of anything like it. Very odd indeed.

Could there be something set wrong with screen resolution pushing the icon off the side of the screen? I don't have a Galaxy and I am not familiar with JellyBean so just a blind stab in the dark.....

9. Dazz7

Dazz7 New Member

I just updated Chrome today and the problem still exists. This is so frustrating, I cannot bookmark anything and I have not found a solution or any noise on the web re this problem.

Not on JellyBean yet and found not resolution settings to tinker to see if it is a problem.

10. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Why do you need the menu context to be in the top right when the same function is triggered from your menu button left of your home key.

View attachment 1193

View attachment 1194

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

11. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Why do you need the menu context to be in the top right when the same function is triggered from your menu button left of your home key.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And no you're not losing your mind, it was there a moment until it discovered you've the dedicated soft keys. For some devices the keys are in screen hence the need for menu in the top right corner.

12. Dazz7

Dazz7 New Member

iP5, you are a legend!

Thank you.

I did not realise all the same functionality was available via the soft key (menu button). I thought it was a bug and I was using the standard browser whilst hoping what I thought was a bug in Chrome was fixed.

Now I understand not all android phones have soft keys (I only recently switch from an iphone to Samsung Galaxy S3) and hence they need an icon to access those menu features.

If I could, I'd buy you a beer.

Cheers mate

Dazz

• Like Like x 1
  13. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

no worries

14. Watcher

Bronze

iP5 the Android Guru strikes again! :sneaky:

15. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Thanks. Strange I can't "like" here from tapatalk. Thought the forum would be setup similar to eiC.