1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Chrome update

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Mar 12, 2013.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

So google updated chrome. I'm sure it's awesome, but hey pushed that stupid little android not now as the icon... Argh! Is there any way to change it back to the real icon that we 'grew up with' ? ?

2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I will answer my own question. Apparently this happens when the 'link' or shortcut is lost. Delete the icon from the 'desktop' and replace it there by long pressing from app drawer.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Glad we could help :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    lol...smart @ss

A new question has arisen however. Chrome has now made itself the default browser instead of the stock browser. Can't find any settings in either one to alter that.

Spent 2 hours with doctors this morning and couldn't get on the courtesy wifi because I didn't realize that chrome had taken over the default browser (you have to activate your browser and provide an email address to get access)

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Chrome is the default browser now in Android. You can get the old one back by installing the apk on its own.

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I still have the old one on my phone. It's down there at the bottom of the screen where the other "pinned" apps are. How do I get chrome into there instead of this one then?

what's an "apk" ?

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Open the app drawer and long press the icon and it will take you to the main screen to place it where you want.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    An apk is the app install file.. Like a cab in old school windows mobile

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    ok on later post with apok...makes sense and thanks.
    With regards to browser icon...I still have it in the pinned positions down below. Maybe I can just move things in and out of there, ala IOS.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Yes, long press there and flick or drag to the red X on the top of the screen