1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Chromecast

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Jul 25, 2013.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Not really Android, or Off topic, but more Chrome related, anyone order a Chromecast from yesterday's Google breakfast event?

I ordered mine from the Play Store and won't ship until August 2nd. Excited to give it a shot, and only $35 was a no brainer for me.

If you don't know what a Chromecast is check out this link below, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, and especially let us know if you picked one up!

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=chromecast&hl=en

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Interesting...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Scott, did you ever get the Chromecast? Using it? Like it?

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes I got it a while back. My bad for not updating.

I use it on occasion for Netflix and Youtube. Actually used it for Google Play Music last night.

Works as advertised, and for $35 a great piece of equipment only to get better once they open up the SDK and White list for devs.

Only gripe I have so far is lack of settings. Example; when using Google Music last night, it would start each song with a full screen shot of the album art, then 10 seconds or so would switch to a cropped down album art and move it around the screen every so often. The full screen looked MUCH better than a tiny square of art on a giant black background.

Outside of that, its wonderful.

Highly recommended.