1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

clean format to kill spice bloatware

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by archz2, Jan 25, 2013.

1. archz2

archz2 New Member

Jan 25, 2013

Sponsored Ad

I have spice android phone model number mi-280. It has android gingerbread 2.3.6. now spice guys have installed a lot of bloatware. It really sucks that I can’t get ‘em out of my phone. I’ve scoured internet for answers but to no avail. My internal memory has clogged because of this crap. I’ve rooted my phone, made a 2gb partition on my 16 gb microsd card. I’v installed link2sd so that all apps get installed on SD card, it works to some extent but internal memory gets clogged up little bit. For example if I try to install say 9 mb app on my phone, 3 mb will get reduced in internal memory and the rest would be installed via link2sd on my 2gb partition of sd card.
    I’m fed up now. I want to clean up everything in my android phone. Making it have nothing , nothing. Start from scratch I want to do an installation in my phone. Just like we clean up the harddisk of pc and do a windos reinstall, I wanna do that kind of thing. How can I do it? That must make me get rid of that bloody spice bloatware I hope lol!!

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You generally cannot get rid of the preinstalled bloatware unless you root the device. That can be done and here is a link to some assistance from XDA Developers. Pay attention to all the cautions and understand that it is possible to brick a phone if you do something wrong. Rooting voids the warranty too, but generally a device can have to original setup restored so the carrier won't know the device was rooted.

The Spice is an entry-level phone with very limited memory available.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Steve, op said phone was rooted. I suggest Titanium Backup to backup apps. Then they can be uninstalled.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2