1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning the touch screen

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Liutas, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Liutas

Liutas New Member

Jan 27, 2009

Sponsored Ad

So is there a recommended product (solvent/cleaner) or procedure for cleaning the touch screen?

2. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008
    The same type of microfiber cloth use to clean the iPhone screen I would assume. I think they may be purchased at the store. Chris are they available through the everythingicafe stoe

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    The iPhone comes with a nice cloth. I'd recommend the 3M Microfiber or something along these lines. Haven't seen the BlackBerry wipe, but that seems a bit pricey.

5. miro

miro New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I use something similar that came with my last set of eyeglasses and it works great. I think you would want to avoid any sort of solvent/solution and just use a good microfiber cloth like the ones Chris mentioned. Even for bad smudges I would use a very small amount of water only on a damp cloth, then use the microfiber to finish cleaning.
    I still have the film that the phone shipped with on mine... :D

6. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008
    Miro the eyeglass cloth works well as you said. I just moisten it by breathing on it slightly, (I am paranoid about putting even the slightest amount of water on it) then use then microfiber cloth that came with it or the eyeglass cloth. I have a screen protector on it also.