1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

CM7

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by cchannelz06, Jun 27, 2011.

1. cchannelz06

cchannelz06 New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Sponsored Ad

So after having a few issues with getting the phone upgraded to Gingerbread and not liking it cause I couldn't root it I thought I would give CM7 a shot. It wasn't as bad of a process as I thought. Flash back to Froyo, root it and flash to CM7. This is probably the best thing I have ever done to my phone. There's a few things that don't work but I'm sure they will get fixed and it's not that big of a deal to me anyways. You guys running CM7, what do you think about it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Glad you were able to do it.
    What things don't work for you yet?

You guys did JUST get nightly's so you should see some fixes real soon.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. cchannelz06

cchannelz06 New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Only thing I have found that doesn't work is the camera. I have read some people are having issues with MMS but I have yet to see that problem since I'm using Handcent for SMS/MMS.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Gotcha, the Incredible's video recording didnt work for a while, it will get worked out for sure!

6. cchannelz06

cchannelz06 New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Yea I'm not to worried about the camera thing. The overall improvement from stock Android to CM7 is worth it to me.

7. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Absolutely love CM. Was running it since my G1 when that was the only supported phone.

Personally I do not look at a phone unless root, an unlocked bootloader and eng s-off are available or expected very soon. For example, my last 3 androids were HTCs but I'd not touch the Sensation and the SGS2 is likely my next phone given Sammy's new commit to 'open'.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk