1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Colors

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by EQBob, Mar 16, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

No offense meant, as I'm sure the capabilities of the new forums is what you were after, but can something be done about the color scheme? For people with less than wonderful eyes, it's terribly difficult to read. White on mint green, light grey on white--these are not contrast situations and make it very difficult to see. And most stuff is at 10pt or less. These would never pass a powerpoint projected from 50 feet test.

Can a user set a theme or color scheme that they see? So that they can see it? I'm currently reading the screen from about 14 inches away to be able to ascertain the color differences.

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Let me see what I can do to help out with the colors.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I've brought back the "traditional" eA color scheme. These should help out a bunch.

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thank you. It is a bunch more readable in many spots where I was having trouble. Appreciate it!

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Bob and others, made a few changes today to the color scheme.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I miss the green :p

8. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Fair enough. I'll keep on tweaking. Hey, can you start conversations now? I changed your permissions.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Not to be a pain, but I thought the ast green color was pretty good.
    And yes, I can start conversations and change my signature.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What I see here is very readable and visible. I have no issues with the use of colors so long as the contrast is high. The "Post Reply" button vs. the "Upload a File" button is a good example of about where the visibility limits are. The background grey and the green are very close, **depending on lighting and screen**. (on a laptop, in mild light and a 30 degree down angle, they're very easy to tell apart. Head on...not so much. However, the contrast of the lettering to the buttons is high and very visible.

11. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Also, I see the password change issue has been fixed. Good to see!

• Like Like x 1
  12. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Setting the preference to the honeycomb style is a very nice visual. Great contrast yet soft odors, highly visible even in heavy light, etc. Works real well.

Safari in iPad doesn't appear to show anything related to smileys..

13. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    They work, but you need to use short code. I can put together a list.

Look, it works. :)

14. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I'm always afraid when I add new colors. I think these should be easy to view. :eek:

15. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    BTW, these were the old colors from when the site was everythingGphone. :ROFLMAO:

16. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Back on green, but with a modest change to it.

17. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Looks good to me.

18. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Something very awesome is coming.:)

19. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Does it have to do with changing the banner back to everythingAndroid? :)

20. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    You're alone on that one. That's a bizarre cache issue - at least that what I'm thinking.

I'd venture to guess if you tried a different PC, it wouldn't happen. Does it happen on the Xoom?

21. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That is bizzare, I logged out and saw the right banner, then logged back in and it said Pre again.