1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

considering as a 1st android

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by maximillyun, Jan 26, 2010.

1. maximillyun

maximillyun New Member

Nov 22, 2008

Sponsored Ad

was considering this as my 1st android phone but seeing "0" posts for it is not encouraging. anyone have any thoughts?
    I am with sprint and i require a qwerty.
    thanx :dft010:big_smile

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    welcome to EA

we have one member that has a moment i believe, dont worry about the lack of posts, we recently created this forum, do a search for Samsung Moment you should find some topics

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. uejrue

uejrue New Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I searched and this thread is the only one I found. Can you provide a couple links? THX.

5. maximillyun

maximillyun New Member

Nov 22, 2008
  6. Synenome

Synenome New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I have a Moment and am very happy with it. I love the QWERTY, the beautiful screen colors and the zippy processor. The marketplace is lacking in few categories, if you need medical apps such as ePocrates (in the works per them), but there's' a good choice of just about everything else. It's a little chunky, esp compared to the Droid, but it's what we have on Sprint. I'm too cheap to go Verizon. Let me know any questions, and I'll be glad to answer them if I can. :dft010:big_smile

7. maximillyun

maximillyun New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I got the Moment and i could not be happier. The operation of the entire phone is smooth and very fast. the feel of it in your hand is solid and well built, same with the slide out qwerty, nothing wiggles. The Android OS is everything i hoped for. It took all of one day for me to get the hang of it from windows 6.1. The market is comprehensive, offering pretty much whatever you want.
    As with any powerful smart phone, the battery is the Achilles for the Moment. I took the advice of others and ran it to death the first couple days till it shut off and have not had a problem lasting a day since then.

good luck!!

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thats great
    now i expect you to be our leader in all things Moment :dft011:tounge_out

9. Synenome

Synenome New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Advanced Task Killer Free is a must after using your browser, facebook, twitter, games, etc., as it keeps your programs from running in the background. I think any uberphone these days is going to have a weak battery unless it's thick as a brick :dft012:wink, but having multiple chargers helps mine limp to the finish line. I don't like swapping batteries, some do that though.

Enjoy your Moment; I certainly am! t:dft010:big_smile

10. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    I've never been a big proponent of killing tasks (even on WinMo, and n99 can back me up on that)

Android runs a bit differently than WinMo does, it wants to keep apps in the RAM, but in an idle state, that way when you go to use them it actually uses less power to go back to the app than restarting it every time. If you don't use your phone much (and aren't killing core OS functions) a task killer could come in handy, but in my case the only problems I ever had with my Droid were when I had the Advanced Task Killer installed.

11. Synenome

Synenome New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    The thing I like about Advanced Task Killer is the ability to choose what gets closed (or killed), one of the programs I tried early on killed my camera and I had to reset. I've noticed closing the browser has the best effect on battery life, but I don't get mail on my phone, a real battery killer so that may help too. Maybe the Droid does things better w/ 2.0 running than the Moment w/ 1.5. Would really like 2.0 to be rolled out for the Moment. Sprint's been promising, but with new phones in the pipeline, I hope we don't get forgotten. Until then, I notice a big battery life difference using task killer vs not.

Living in the Moment! :dft012:wink