1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Contact pictures

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Mickeylittle, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle New Member

Aug 31, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I am using Handcent as my SMS app and I have tried using SyncMyPix to grab my friends pictures but SyncMyPix runs and finds 280 friends but could not match any of them. So it is not working out. Any ideas?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Which phone do you have?
    Where are you trying to grab your friends pictures from?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Sorry I left that off. I have a Samsung Captivate and the app is trying to grab the photos from my facebook friends. I have found a way to manually assign some photos to my contacts but for some reason they are not showing up when I send a text using Handcent.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Damn, I was hoping it was an HTC phone, they have Facebook conect built in.
    Is there anything in the Facebook app? I dont sync my contacts so I am not 100% sure if there is something built in to that.

6. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    I would strongly recommend downloading ChompSMS from the market and donating the $2.99 to remove ads. Depending on your device you can pull your friends contact pictures by linking them to Facebook, Twitter, etc..

7. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    I'll look at ChompSMS tonight. Thanks.

8. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Chomp is working fine but they upped the ante from $2.99 to 4.95 to remove the ads. But thanks for the tip!