1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Contacts will no longer Sync...

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by pittheels1231, Nov 6, 2008.

1. pittheels1231

pittheels1231 New Member

Nov 6, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I've had the G1 eversince the 1st day and I am still loving it. :) However for some reason as of 10/25/08 my contacts will no longer Sync. I have it checked under the "Data synchronization" setting along with "Auto-sync", "Gmail" and the "Calendar" being checked but only the Contacts have the problem :mad: Does anyone have this problem also or can anyone help me with my problem?

2. thor2k

thor2k New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    My synch stopped working on the 3rd. I don't know if I switched something, or if it happened with the software download, or ?.

I am on the phone with Tech Support right now trying to get it resolved.
    Will report back if they give some universal solution.

Jay

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. thor2k

thor2k New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    No progress! Phone tech support said to "empty cache" should do the trick. Doesn't. Local phone store, where I was mistakenly sent to because of (non)defective SIM card, said I had "too many messages in Gmail and contacts" and that it had overloaded phone memory. As have only 41Mb of storage available, that sounds plausible. However, they don't know if the "synch" is only of the E-mail message headers or what. I drastically trimmed my active messages in Gmail, but no go.

I don't know how to "resynch", if it won't synch to updated PC-based Gmail. I don't want to blast the phone settings as it took some time to get my old phone contact list in.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay

5. LitoCg2Rider

LitoCg2Rider New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    happen to my homegirl phone 3 days ago..i factory reset it and everything been working fine since then..all of it sync now..

factory reset then i double check to see if the auto sync/calander/gmail/contacts was on

6. mbergeron0707

mbergeron0707 New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    I have had the same exact problem since 11/25/08...I downloaded a program update and its been stuck ever since. I have tried everything recommended, and nothing has been successful, I pulled the battery, rebooted, re-synched but still nothing. If anyone hears of a resolution please post. Thanks.