1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Convince me to get the Motorola over the HTC

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jhu, Nov 18, 2009.

1. jhu

jhu New Member

Mar 12, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I'm torn between the Motorola and the HTC Eris.

I've done a fair amount of research - and tried both phones at the local store.

Is there any one glaring thing that should make me lean one way? Or is it just personal taste (i.e. external keyboard, camera flash, already 2.0, etc.).

Thanks all!
    J

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Its more of a personal taste thing, personally i love having a physical keyboard and that its (Motorola) 2.0 ready is a plus since that includes the turn by turn navigation which is one of the coolest build in features on the device. Plus from what i've heard and i havent looked deep into the Eris but the screen on the Motorola is alot better than the screen on the Eris.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I agree 100% plus the added fact that android has 12,000 plus apps. Also it seems google is way more motivated in the mobile market. But, I am a big fan of winmo and tried to hold out for winmo7.

So I decided the Droid would be better while I wait to see what winmo7 will have to compete.

0 more Days !!!
    sent from my Q9c

5. troutseth

troutseth New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    The Physical keys are great. I actually find myself typing with the virtual more than I thought I would; HOWEVER I found a bunch of shortcuts that work with the physical keypad so when I am multitasking I pop it open and I can switch between stuff with one touch -- awesome.

Plus the screen is great and 2.0 (with google navigation) is unreal.

6. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    If you could see the smile on my face right now :005:snicker That would be all you need.
    Just got my Droid at 6:00pm today.

Sent from my Droid

7. Malvado

Malvado New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    actually the HTC hes talking about also has android not winmo

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Doh !!! That how excited I am with the Droid. (and I knew that)

sorry :dft011:tounge_out

9. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Advantages of the DROID:
    • Massive screen
    • Google Maps Navigation
    • Android 2.0
    • Doubles as a bedside clock/alarm
    • Built like a mack truck
    • Fast, like really fast

I'm not crazy for the keyboard, but that's also a plus for some.