1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Copy/Paste Calendar entries?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Eugene, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007

Sponsored Ad

My work published the holiday schedule for next year and I typically will create one entry for the first holiday then copy it and paste it into the rest of the dates rather than typing out holiday each time. I don't see a way to do this in the driod?

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    are you using the corporate calendar or the google calendar? if you're using the google calendar then you could always log into google calendar on a pc and do it. that's what i would do.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    google calendar. Thats not good, its one of the issues i have with windows mobile, at work I can't access any other calendars to edit things.

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    So you have two separate google accounts? Work and phone? Could you "invite" you phone account for each holiday (event)?

6. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    No, I don't have a work one, just home. I can't mix any work data, e-mail, invite, sync,etc. I can't get to any type of calendar like google calendar from the work laptop. Thats why I have to manually keep my personal one.

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    so how would you normally copy and paste if you can't access the data on the same computer?

8. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    What I mean is create one calendar entry, then copy and paste it to others. I get 10 holidays but don't want to type in 10 calendar entries so I will just copy it. Then when I do have to do work from home (patch servers) I'll put an event in my personal calendar thats just a vague "work" event with a reminder so that will remind me to pull out the work laptop, sign in the vpn then see what work I actually scheduled to do. I don't leave my work laptop running at home all the time so it can't remind me (and even when I do have it running the reminders in outlook 2007 are not reliable).
    My personal calendar I put all the holidays, my kids school schedule, etc so when I'm scheduling after hours work I can look at that and be sure to schedule around things. its a pain but complies with the rules forbiding my from copying ant data between personal and work system. What I'm doing now since windows mobile fell on its face is carrying a netbook to work with me with my personal calendar then gcaldaemon to sync it when I get home. I'm hoping the droid can do what I wanted to with the WM smartphone, keep me from having to carry my personal laptop/netbook to work with me.
    I see I can copy/paste text within the calendar entry, just not the whole thing, I'm betting thats going to have to be a feature request with Google, I'm trying to find a method to offilically request it through them. if I can't contact them then maybe through the morotola or verizon forums. Desktop software that allows this usually puts the calendar entry on the clipboard in ical or vcal format so if you patse into a text editor then you see the data.

9. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i see what you're saying. what about this: make one calendar entry for the holiday, but have it recur 10 times. then go into each one and just change the date to each holiday date. you should be able to "change on this instance" for each entry. it's not quite copy and paste, but it might be an ok work around until you can try and request it from google.

10. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    i did manage to find google's official request system and put in a request there. Should be easy to do since it can already cut/copy/paste text when copying the whole entry its just put a bunch of text in ical/vcal forat. I ended up just bringing my netbook with my to work today so I could put in the 10 holidays and will just wait until I get home tonight to let those upload to google calendar.