1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Crack Cellphone Zenfone 5

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by BrianRobins, Feb 22, 2016.

1. BrianRobins

Bronze

Oct 9, 2015

Sponsored Ad

Hello guys any advise about my crack zenfone 5. Still working good but it has crack like vertical line at the top of my phone.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Advice about what? If the phone has a crack then stay out of heavy rain with it.

Perhaps a piece of black electrical tape over the crack to keep out dust? Otherwise it is almost two years old and you should be due for an upgrade soon....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. BrianRobins

Bronze

Oct 9, 2015
    Can i buy a new screen on it or any place where it should be repair. I just bought it on e-bay it's been almost 1 year and a half since i bought it.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Is the screen cracked or is it the case that is cracked? When you said the crack was at the top of the phone I took that to mean the case.

Screen replacements can be done. There are many places that sell them, but you must be careful to get the right part and be sure if it is the outer glass or the digitizer. There are dozens of YouTube videos showing how you can do it yourself.

You will have to look for a local shop in your part of the world to find someone to do it for you, but that may wind up costing more than half the price of a new one. It isn't a very expensive, high-end phone.

6. BrianRobins

Bronze

Oct 9, 2015
    Actually it's on the screen, I was watching couple of youtube videos on it. They replace it by themselves but i'm afraid i might making it worse. I think i'll find a local shop as what you said. Anyway thanks bro.

7. Astrologer Home

Astrologer Home New Member

Mar 3, 2016
    If you are not easy with using of your cell then change it or change the screen.