1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Customized Smsc number

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Andriod Newbie, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011

Sponsored Ad

What is it? My outgoing texts are dragging randomly even with 4g speeds. In settings it said a customized smsc number can help. Problem is i have no idea what it is.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Everything Android

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are you on AT&T or a GSM provider using SIM cards? There is probably a system setting that is incorrect. You should contact your service provider to have them check the account setup.

In some cases you may be using an outdated or possibly damaged SIM card. Replacing the SIM could be the alternate solution. The provider should do that at no charge.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    I have noticed that in the am pictures go fine but by afternoon pictures won't even go...again...4G speeds. I tired rebooting, clearing cache, and closing unnecessary apps that were running. Frustrating. I use pictures for work.

5. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    I am on metro PCs so not sure if i need the setting change since it seems fine in the am. Any ideas?

6. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    Please tell me its not my go launcher contacts cuz i love my theme. Sigh

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Have you contacted MetroPCS? Seems like if you are OK in the AM and then not in the PM it could be a network congestion thing?

8. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    Ok...dread it, they have horrible Cust service. I just now sent a few pics and after about five were sent it wouldn't send any more. is there a residual storage of some sort...other then apps...that could bog it down? Still early morning.

9. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    I think i fixed it! (so proud) there's a place under manage applications that had background cache for messenger bring saved. The active cache was zero. It said there is usually no reason to delete but i did it anyway and suddenly i can send pictures and my phone is fast again! Yea!

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Sweet!!

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Congrats! Is it still functioning better?

12. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    It is better...and I finally got my pictures and video off my phone which also helped!