1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyanogen

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by localgod808, Aug 15, 2010.

1. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Could anyone help on finding the files and instructions to download cyanogen, back up current rom and install apps2sd for rooted phones.

Sent from my Nexus One using Everything Android app

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If your rooted, download ROM Manager, and then you can find the ROM's that way, and also do a nandroid backup of your current settings.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    I'm not rooted don't know how to root and don't know how to baback up just in case I mess up.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  6. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    I am got romanager and downloaded cyanogen with google apps. But it won't install it just reboots and hangs on the android and exclexclamation screen. Yes I'm rooted

7. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Okay so Okay found out how to get cyanogen on my phone. Anyone know how to get my sd card properly formatted and partition formatted apps to SD?

8. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    I figured it out. And on top of that learned how to set the clock speed for my nexus one as well. Thanks for all your help, especially the hockey guy. You Take a lot of shit from me. Thanks again bossman for showing me the power of android. :).

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I don't think you give a lot of sh!t, atleast I dont think so :p
    I am glad you got it to work, enjoy that N1.

10. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    If people knew how to hack these phones as easy as I did and appreciate technology they'd drop their iphones before you could say

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I agree, but there will always be die-hards out there, just like we are for Android that wont change. I could not be happier with Android and my Incredible.

Its nice to have a phone where they don't frown upon the community for modding and personalizing.

12. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Okay so I noticed that the car home navigation app isn't vocing the turn by turn directions. I hope this fixed in cyanogen. Or am I the only one with this issue?

13. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Is it me or does cyanogen mod make your phone faster yet your battery better? I could swear it does. But I am thinking it's in my head.

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I dont run it, but its possible, takes out some of the bloatware and makes the phone more efficient in other areas. Very possible.

15. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I know if you are running Cyanagon nightlies he tells you that the gps isn't working nor is the camera on the incredible

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

16. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    I don't know how many are reading this post but whoever has a n1 cyanogen makes your phone and entirely different machine. The speed boost from eclair to froyo is great but the boost from froyo to cyan mod rc3 is crazy big IMO
    I'll never go stock again.

17. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Same with my Eris. I rooted and overclocked the stock ROM and thought it was a new phone. Then I installed xtrSense and it was even faster. I'm waiting on Froyo.

Sent from my Eris using Everything Android app

18. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Has anyone noticed any sizable differences in the nightlies?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

19. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    I've heard of nightlies but I haven't a clue what they are or what they do.

20. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I believe that nightlies are test builds that are released every night.

Sent from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

21. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Nightlies are test ROMS sent out from Cyanogens personal bot thats why he says not to inform him about any errors.

Once again bberryhill you are on top of the game :D