1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

CyanogenMod Questions

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sulster, Sep 6, 2011.

1. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I decided to start a thread for questions that I (or others :) ) may have specific to the Cyanogen ROM.

I am running the CyanogenMod-7-09012011-Nightly-Droid X. I believe it's also referred to as CM_Shadow (the code name for Droid X) Full 78.

Issues that I hope others here have addressed/understand/know the fix:
    1. The Flashing LED won't work right for me. I used LightFlow before this and would like to turn off the native LED flashing lights and go back to LightFlow. Anyone had issues with that?
    2. I can't make it stop vibrating on email. There are lots and lots of settings. Is there a super-top-secret hidden one that I could be missing? (I had to reinstall Touchdown b/c I can't live without Task/Exchange sync and because it's the only calendar that syncs Exchange Calendar categories but I have those notifications set to "Off").
    3. Camera. #weapondrift says they will fix it, and I've seen threads about an anticipated update that addresses this (and #weapondrift's favorite topic: kernels) but I also saw a "fix." Anyone done the fix?

Thanks for any replies and others please feel free to chime in!

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    As for the LED lights, in CM settings, try: interface>led notifications>advanced>always pulse (check "off").

The only reason I rooted phone in the first place was so led would blink, so I am not sure if this is what you want.

Email never vibrated for me. I use K10, though, not Touchdown.

As for camera, glitching as hell, but waiting for a fix...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Thanks!! :)
    Light Flow does LED blink in many different colors AND allows you to assign blinking to different contacts. I reinstalled it and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Also, because Light Flow basically handles all notifications (LED, sound, vibrate, etc) and has night time hours, etc, i just shut off all other notifications (except Plume b/c i like their little birdy sound) and that the trick on refusal to not vibrate.

My camera just doesn't work at all. this was more of an irritant over the weekend while we were in the mountains and i had things to be taking pictures of. Here at my office, not so much a big deal ;)

New things:
    4. OH, and the battery life SUCKS! but i think Weapondrift's beloved kernel deal is supposed to fix that...

5. Every time I reboot, I have to reallow SwiftKey and select it again as Input preference. Bizarre.

5. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    i did the available fix for the camera and had no problems

• Like Like x 1
  6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Care to share the camera fix?

• Like Like x 1
  7. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Will this work on all phones or just the Droid X?

9. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Hm. Lemme check.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It was from the DroidX Forum of the Cyanogen Forums...so I'm not sure I would flash that on another device

• Like Like x 1
  11. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    There's a new nightly build. Wonder if I should... HATE redoing settings....

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If you flash on top of existing you should not have to redo any settings, unless you do a complete wipe.

13. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    I usually do, but then again it hasn't been that long since my last one. I guess just do a cache only one?

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yea that is fine, no real need to do a full wipe unless something is seriously wrong or lots of FC's

15. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Good to know! Plus, if I brick it, I've heard the Bionic is available! ;)

16. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I try to avoid wiping if I can help it, my TouchPro used to require it at least once a week. Im so glad those days are over.

17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Haha true!!

18. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Is there a change log anywhere?

19. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  20. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008