1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Default 'Maps' app...is it Google Maps?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by gwhzz35, Nov 24, 2009.

1. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Sorry for the newbie question guys....but is the Maps app that came on the DROID Google Maps? How do I get enable the infamous 'street view'?

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Zoom in until it goes to Streetview?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    I don't mean just a closer aerial view of the street, I thought there was a view on the DROID where you can actually view the street ahead of you as if you were driving down the literal street...no?

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    One way is to zoom. The other is to search for an address then use the .. um hard to describe.. options in the box.. At least thats the way it works on the Q.

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  7. Malvado

Malvado New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    while in maps....open menu and go to MORE it should be there for street view =]

8. Athos

Athos New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Hi, this is my first post. I'm from Argentina and in some days will come Motorola Milestone with android 2.0. My question about maps is: if I lose the signal of my celular company and I'm not be able of downloading the maps of google maps for a while, it means that i will not have GPS?! Or the android will came with another aplication with maps pre-chargeded?

P.D.: Sorry if my english is too poor :016:upset

9. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    Do you mean can you see the LIVE view of the street?

10. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Yes you can access street view while in navigation from the menu button. It shows a photo of your next turn.

11. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    I found the street views by holding my finger on the writen navigation directions. For instance, when it says make a right on main street on to 1st street, I held my finger and I then had a view screen of a picture of the intersectin.

12. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    If I'm not mistaken and don't quote me on this but Street view is only when you are actually using Navigation in maps. I don't believe you get the option to view street when just using the maps program you have to be using Nav ( ie getting directions) from point A to point B