1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleted Files Recovery HELP

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by mwm10620, Oct 13, 2012.

1. mwm10620

mwm10620 New Member

Aug 16, 2012

Sponsored Ad

So i accidentally deleted files from my voice recorder app that had recorded lectures I need.

I know there are apps for rooted phones to recover files but mine is not rooted and I would guess rooting and downloading new apps would overwrite the deleted files still in the phone and they will be lost forever. They were saved in internal storage not SD card

Does anyone know if I can download a file recovery on my computer and plug the phone in so I don't have to root? Or if the file will still be there if I root

Im really freaking out here and appreciate any help.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are you sure they are gone? Are you using the native app or a third party app to record?

Have you looked on the sdcard, which is where the native app stores audio files? Using a file explorer look for sdcard/My Documents/My Recordings or something similar. You might be able to use a PC to search the card if you have a card reader installed......

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What is your association with that very expensive software micky?

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    So you do not have any association with the program other than a satisfied user? Just making sure you let members know your endorsement was not because you are paid by the developer. It does happen.

Thanks...

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I actually heard this elsewhere. Reason given was to avoid overwriting anything. I also have heard that if the files were on the SD card, to remove it and use a card reader on a PC to see if the files are there.

And we do realize this thread is a year old.... But this didn't appear "spammy" to me, so whatever!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

7. alexfairchild

alexfairchild New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Stop What You're DoingP

When your operating system deletes a file, all it really does is mark the space on your hard drive that your file occupies as free space. It's still there, but your computer is now perfectly happy to write new data on top of it—at which point the file recovery process becomes a lot more difficult. That means you should do as little computing as possible until you find the file you're looking for, since every time you save a new file—every time your computer writes information to your hard drive—your chances of recovering the file go down.

8. Ronald Methew

Ronald Methew New Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Yes, you have guessed it correct. Download RemoRecover software and connect your device through data cable and start recovering the deleted files.

9. ken.king

ken.king New Member

May 28, 2014
    Wow I never knew once you deleted something out of your phone you can still recover it.This is a pretty brand new world. Thanks guys!Anyhow, my suggestion for this problem is to always backup your data.

10. mariopjckmen

mariopjckmen New Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Oh Yes! I'm glad I found your article today. I recommend it to everyone .. Thank you for your work!

11. CarliLloyd

CarliLloyd New Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Don't work for me!!!

12. Alva Christeen

Alva Christeen New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Hey,
    There are many tools available online which can help you to recover back those deleted recording. But personally found a data recovery tool that helped me to get back all the lost and deleted back in my device. Android Data Recovery Tool is the best way to recover lost or deleted data such as photos & videos, contacts, SMS text messages, recordings, calendar data etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Hey thank you @Alva i'll check your attached linked here.

14. Gaqqtyu

Gaqqtyu New Member

Oct 23, 2015
    When you lost data from android phone or SD Card .First ,you should stop to use your android phone .In order to data be covered . You can choose one software to recover from CNET. In fact ,if the lost data were saved on SD Card ,you need to "Root" phone.

15. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    I think you have to try Data Recover Software that can Recover your lost data from your device..

16. tiffanyjames121

tiffanyjames121 New Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Thanks, I will try the data recovery software.

17. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Connect your device with PC and then recover it through a software like Recuva.

18. Werfkjl

Werfkjl New Member

Dec 9, 2015
    First step, you need stop using to avoid automatic updates and data overwriting. If have backup, then restore it, if not, got a reliable tool, you can choose a card data recovery tool or an android data recovery tool

• Like Like x 1
  19. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yes, problem solved.... Back in 2012 when this was posted...

20. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    <hee hee>

21. EdwardSmith36

EdwardSmith36 New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Yeah you can do that, we have lots of applications out there that can help us to recover all our lost data. Just install them in your PC and plug in you handset to do same.