1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleting shortcuts

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by savj12, Dec 5, 2009.

1. savj12

savj12 New Member

Dec 5, 2009

Sponsored Ad

By accident I made a shortcut(quick dial) for my home page. I don't want it there. Is there any way to erase it?
    Also there are ones I don't want to delete I just want to change its location? Thanks!

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I think all you can do is drag it to the trash and create a new one somewhere else.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. savj12

savj12 New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Thanks so much for answering...just one more question..where is the trash?

5. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    If you press and hold the shortcut you will notice the arrow on the quick program access tab channges to a trash bin. Simply drag the icon there. Sorry for not being more specific. You can also use that method to arrange icons where you want them on your home screens.

6. Hallen03

Hallen03 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I have been desperately trying to delete shortcuts that were put onto my homescreen.... I hold them down and try to put them in the trash when they are red but nothing happens... help!

7. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    Hold them while red until they disapper if you let up too soon they bounce back, there is a definite touch to it, don't let it throw you, practice.