1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone get the new app update?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by chris, Oct 1, 2013.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I pushed it out yesterday. If you check your available updates in the Google Play Store, it should be there waiting for you. This isn't the major rewrite, but it's certainly a welcome update, at least in my opinion.

I hope you enjoy it!

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yup, I got it yesterday!
    I like that I can access PM's now!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I don't use the app, as I prefer Tapatalk. But Chris, didn't you tell me app was the same? I can get to PM's in Tapatalk, they are called "conversations"....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That's what they are called here to, bit were never in the old app.

Also I like the thread reply notifications. Can you use the eA icon rather than the generic?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android mobile app

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Not understanding question, Scott.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    In the notification tray you get an icon that indicates you have a reply. Is it possible to use the eA logo rather than what I am assuming is the tapatalk icon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android mobile app

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I downloaded the update, but I really don't use the app much since I am just about always at my laptop at work. I figured I would reply using the new version so I typed a brief reply, but mistakenly my fat fingers hit the Discard button and magically hit the confirmation to discard.

Not a good start.....<sigh>

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What I am seeing in my notifications is what looks like a sheet of paper with a turned-up corner and has a quote mark in the middle. I assume that is what you mean....

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That is correct!

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Since I don't use Tapatalk I am guessing that is the default icon for Android OS....

12. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Don't know if that is default icon, but it the same one as in Tapatalk.