1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Direct Dial Icons

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jlszarejko, Aug 30, 2010.

1. jlszarejko

jlszarejko New Member

Aug 30, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Hi!
    Here is my first question...
    on the home screen (not the main one but the one to the right) there are direct dial icons, how do you add more? I have looked in my app's and widgets and I don't see anything??? I know there has to be a way... I'm trying to avoid going to the Verizon store!
    Please Help!!
    Thanks!
    Jennifer in MI:dft009:smile

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Welcome again Jennifer :)
    Ill have to run to the VZW store sometime this week to see what you mean. You actually may be one of the first people to have the droid 2 here :eek: You so special!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jlszarejko

jlszarejko New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Wow really! I had the Droid Ally, but then the hubby was due for an upgrade so I took his upgrade the Droid 2 and am going to sell my ally.... let me know what you find out, I won't be able to go until sometime next week once the kids are in school! I do love the phone and I can't live without my keyboard :)

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Lol will do :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Ok question what tabs are you referring to? I got a chance to play a little with it this morning since a coworker bought it and I looked for the tabs but couldnt find them.

7. jlszarejko

jlszarejko New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    The first home screen to your right has 4 preloaded direct dials you can customize at the very top of the screen... let me know if you find anything out and thank!

Sent from my DROID2 using Everything Android app

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Remove the widget, go to gmail, create a group called 'VIP' (if one is not already created by the widget) and then add the widget back, when it asks to select which group to add, click VIP and then add any contacts to that group and they should show up.

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I'm so spoiled by Sense. I can just add a shortcut and choose Direct Dial.

Sent from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Ok I went to the verizon store and they said there's not another way unless you add an app.... I don't think this to be entirely true tho have you tried longpressing on the screen and adding a widget?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app