1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable pre installed apps

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bigierc, Apr 19, 2011.

1. bigierc

bigierc New Member

Apr 19, 2011

Sponsored Ad

My battery life sucks on my phone. How do I disable pre installed apps from starting up. It seems like when I go into the app and force stop it restarts itself up. How can I get better battery life from my phone.
    Thanks for the help

Sent from my PC36100 using Everything Android

2. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Id recommend reading up on flashing your phoneand learning how to return it to stock just in case . Any custom rom will more than likely have the unneeded preinstalled apps removed as well as add ALOT of beneficial tweaks to your phone

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Even if the custom rom doesnt have them removed you can use root explorer to remove them.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

5. bigierc

bigierc New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I appreciate the response. But Srry as I am new here to all this not familiar with the custom roms. Will I loose the application that have installed on my phone that am using will I still be able to use them ? Is it easy to do. What is the deal with rooting will I void warenty if something happens to phone? Love the phone and all I can do with it. Just wish the battery lasted longer and don't know why it is draining map fast other then the preinstalled apps auto start and keep running
    Any good sites or places to go and read up on this
    Thanks for the help

6. bigierc

bigierc New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I have been reading about the revoked 3 for flashing and rooting the evo 4g. Has anyone done this ?
    Is it east to do ? Is it easy to go back to original stock ? Where is the best place to look for more information. What about the custom roms. What is the best to use. ? Any information anyone has would be a great help..
    Still debating to go thru with the rooting.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    unrevoked doesnt have the 4G on their site, so I am not sure if they support it. Over at XDA you can read this thread for information on how to root.

Seems quite easy actually. Be warned, this will wipe your phone clean, so backup any data you want to first.

ROMs are user choice, I use CyanogenMod 7, which is probably one of the best ROMs out there, they are always one of the first group of people to get leaked software in to their builds. But check out ROM manager after rooting and look at all your options.

8. bigierc

bigierc New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    When I went to the unrevoked site there was a link for the evo 4g. That is what I want correct ?
    After I get the kahoonas to do the root is the Rom manager installed or is that something else I have to install. Any recommendations for backup ? Srry for the dumb questions. Just still nervous about doing the root thing. I am sure I will love it when I do it. Will all the adroit apps still work on that cyna Rom one that you were using. That is what I would go with I think I have heard good thing about that one from what I have been reading. How long does your battery last using that one ? I am sure it is much better then what I am getting with the HTC sense on this Sprint evo. I think call there installed apps that I don't use is killing the battery. Doesn't matter how much I close them out. They automaticly start back up and run.
    Thank you for all the help
    I am sure ill eventually go thru with it. Is it easy to unroot the phone incase I have a warenty issue with the phone. ?
    If anyone else's has any information that is using the Sprint evo all sujestions and help would be a great help. U can also email me bigierc617@ gmail.com
    Thank you again for all of the great information

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I didnt recall seeing one, but if there is then yes thats what you want if thats the phone you have.

You need to download it from the Market

Best backup app is Titanium Backup, but I usually like to do a Nandroid Backup, this is basically a exact copy of the device as it stands at the point where you make the backup. So if something goes wrong you can just go in to recovery and restore that image. But thats later after rooting.

Yes all the same apps will work.

Nothing to write home about, but it gets me through the day and I am usually never to far away from an outlet if needed.

Android OS regulates the apps as needed and kills them as needed, using a task manager just adds to the battery drain as you are constantly turning the phone on to check and kill apps.

There should be an unroot option at the Unrevoked site

10. cheri

Bronze

Jul 25, 2007
    I have not acquired the huevos to root. I have the itch but the phone is my primary communication device...bit scared my self.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

11. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    itch on your huevos?
    maybe u should go get that checked? :eek:

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    My Inc is my main line as well, rooted, no issues and havent looked back!

13. bigierc

bigierc New Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Well I finally got the balls to go thru with it and now I cant because my phone ran that last update from Sprint and updated my firmware. So now I can't root. Guess I have to wait for unrevoked to get the workout for rooting that new Sprint update. Any info would be great. Than you