1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Do both the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S5 offer removable batteries?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by piu999, Feb 11, 2014.

1. piu999

piu999 New Member

Feb 11, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Does all Samsung phones have options to change batteries? I am torn between getting a note 3 or waiting for S5.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Not sure if all do, but up to now most do. The Note 3 does have a removable battery.

Speculation about the S5 is all over the map and some rumors have it introducing a new type of battery that is super capacity and includes technology making it a fast charge system. Possibly a full charge in under 2 hours for a 2900-3200 mAh battery. No one is sure if they will maintain the removable battery design for this one.

Rumors also indicate two different S5s may be released. One high-end with a metal case and a lower-end model in all plastic.

We will have to wait and see. Rumors have the release in mid-late March or early April.

Stay tuned.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Chancellor

Chancellor New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Wait and see FOR sure, they will both still be premium for its respected target audience :).

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Um, the S5 hasn't been released yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Everything Android mobile app

#4 dgray636, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    There you go again with that factual stuff.......Jeeeeeez! :rolleyes:

7. newbird

newbird New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Waiting. Note 3's screen way too large.

8. 8oo9oo

8oo9oo New Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Only fingerprint and heart rate scanner? Plastic again? Huh...

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I guess you expected more?

I believe there may still be a premium S5 that will include a metal case, but still not positive and is not verified. Maybe June?

If not what will you buy instead? What offers more for you?

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    That's strictly a personal opinion. I happen to love the Note 3's large screen. My wife calls it my satellite dish, but it's wonderful for me.

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    It is nice to be able to read things as one gets older....

• Like Like x 1
  12. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Amen. Could you pass me the geritol please?

• Like Like x 1
  13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    As I jog past on my way to the gym....Who knew at this age I would be going to the gym 6 days a week!

14. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I wish I could find the time to be in the gym even 3 days a week. My cardio fitness is way down. I have built bench back up from my shoulder surgery and can do multiple sets at 155. That's down from my high of 210 a week before I blew it apart. However, since I weight 170, doing 905 of your body weight is still pretty darn good. Most people don't progress past 70-8- max. Definitely need more cardio time tho.

15. coolicool

coolicool New Member

Dec 20, 2013
    I think note 3 is enough for me

16. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I made the time. I am going at 4:45am to make sure I do get there. Mainly cardio, but some weight machines too. No free weights.

Needless to say I am not exactly a night owl.....

17. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I am the opposite. Not a morning person at all. I work until 5:30 (I get my upper body workout there... I lift kids all day doing diapers/gym/everything else!)

Home by 5:35 (one of the best features of my job...) and am at the gym until 8 on M-W-F. T-Th is until 6:45 (take daughter to cheer) and time varies on weekend....

So now that we totally went off topic... O:)

18. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I almost always get in Saturday morning. Long term, I've been doing something typically T/Th. Lately that's been Tae Kwon Do so the gym aspect has been once a week, but doing something has been 3x a week. As it gets warmer I need to start working up my bike times because I do like a nice 20-30 mile bike ride.

19. preppel

preppel New Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Already pre-ordered it!

20. Chancellor

Chancellor New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I can't but until may :-(.

21. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Galaxy S5 or S6? Which device would be the best? Why people prefer to buy S5 then S6?