1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Docking station slide show

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bheidemann, Nov 17, 2009.

1. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Is there a way to set the slide show directory when in dock mode? It seems to just display everything it finds on the SD card. This is crappy as I don't want every image on my SD card to be shown. I use Touch Down for exchange and it downloads all attachments and email images to the SD card which means my slide show displays a lot of meaningless graphs and icons.

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i believe there's one or two apps that utilize the dock that have slide show features. i wish i could remember the names, but they might be of some help.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Set up a new folder in the media section. Put the photos you want to be in the slide show there. This should give you the choice of what to select when you hit the photo slideshow button...

5. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I am not sure I understand what you mean.

When you open up Gallery you can click and hold a folder and select slide show and it will only show that folder. Unfortunately once the Droid is docked there is no way to do that same thing.

6. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    you can do anything when the droid is docked. just hit the "home" button on the screen. (shaped like a house) and it will bring you to your home screen. then launch gallery and etc.

7. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Yea I get that, I was just hoping the slideshow icon on the dock screen was a little more configurable.

8. Malvado

Malvado New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    does the slideshow let u choose what u wanna see or no?

9. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Not when activated using the dock home. It will just play whatever it finds on your SD card regardless of the folder it is in. That's the problem. If you want to navigate to the Gallery app and click hold a particular folder you can slide show just that folder. This makes the dock slideshow somewhat pointless.