1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Android have a notepad?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by boxof16, Nov 30, 2011.

1. boxof16

boxof16 New Member

Nov 27, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Recently moving from Windows to a Honeycomb tablet, I was stumped for a way to cut-and-paste text from a file to an application online. I tried using the Android file manager to copy a text file on my thumbdrive to a text field on a photo site, but couldn't get it to work. There seems to be no equivalent of Windows Notepad where I can just type and save text as a .txt file. Am I missing something?

2. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    Search in the android market for evernote. It's a great app that can come in really handy

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    +1 for Evernote...love it!

5. McGoo47

McGoo47 New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Yes, they do. If u long tap a free space on a home screen, go to add widget, at the top of the screen it should say "add more widgets" click that, then h there should be a "notes" widget.. and there u go.....

McGoo47

6. brucewl

brucewl New Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Evernote, Any.Do

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aadam gibson

Aadam gibson Member

Apr 19, 2012
    “ColorNote Notepad Notes” comes with little, stunning widgets which make it convenient to scribble anytime of the day while giving you the final choice to choose the color of the note. Its simple UI and user-friendly menu makes it an ideal choice for people always on the go. You could also secure your notes with a password, which is important in the event you will be storing confidential information. It surely does what it is expected of a notepad and best of all.

8. mikearnill

mikearnill New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    I was wondering that android have notepad application. This device also support color notepad so its more beneficial for the tablet. Now a days android is latest operating system which support many application.

9. loustewart

loustewart Member

Jun 4, 2012
    There are plenty of notepad apps in the play store. You type 'note pad apps' in the search see the results and install the app you wish to.

10. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    +1 for evernote

11. Android k

Android k New Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Various notepad apps are available in the android market. You can download app compatible to your device.
    GooglePlay store will help to resolve your query

12. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Also like Notes for ICS with Task Sync.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

13. JackieCalmes

JackieCalmes New Member

Oct 5, 2012
    You can download notepad from Google play.I've android tab and I'm using notepad.

14. DataTheAndroid

DataTheAndroid New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Evernote seems to be the most popular, but my favorite is Catch. It's very fast on my Samsung.

15. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Catch seems to have pretty good reviews, but has nowhere near the penetration Evernote has.

+1 for Evernote......

16. Menjar Ali

Menjar Ali New Member

Jan 16, 2015
    only "Notes2SD Text Editor" is completely windows like notepad. It has all the facility of notepad and many more function than notepad.
    Search "Notes2SD" in google, as a new user I am not allowed to provide links currently.

17. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    No but you can download evernote application from play store..