1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else dislike the big ugly clock on the desktop?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Lithium98, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Lithium98

Lithium98 New Member

Oct 24, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I was wondering if at all, that big ugly clock on the desktop could be removed. It's pretty big and ugly.

2. imported_Shel

imported_Shel New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I happen to like the clock, but wish there were options for different style clocks, as there are in the alarm app.

If you press and hold on the clock for a couple of seconds, your G1 will give slight vibrating feedback, and the clock icon will get slightly larger. Drag the clock to the bottom tab, which will change into a trash can.

Once you drag the clock to the tab/trash can and release, it'll be gone, "poof"!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    I like the clock. I downloaded Any Cut which allows you to customize your homescreen. However, you don't have access to the main screen, so you still have to swipe to get to your secondary homescreen.

5. cgray999

cgray999 New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Big Ugly Clock

If you long press on the clock you will feel the G1 vibrate and you will be able to move the clock around you will see the tab at the bottom of the screen turn into a trach can. Drag the clock to the trash can.

If you want it back
    Hit menu
    Add
    Select Widget
    Clock

6. ZRX1100

ZRX1100 New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I'm sure there will be a new clock app soon.

I hope so anyway. It would be nice to see the date on the desktop as well.

7. gPhunk

gPhunk New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Ya that Clock is pretty whack. Deleting it was one of the first things I did. Looking forward to manageable Themes and the ability to update the icons! :)

8. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    Themes will be real nice! Perhaps a nice digital clock replacement.

9. kalva2410

kalva2410 New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    I don`t really mind the clock in itself..But what i would like to do with it is move it over to the other side..You know when you swipe your homepage to get to the google section.

10. gPhunk

gPhunk New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    If you LONG PRESS (put your finger on the screen and don't move it for about 1-2sec) you can drag the clock over to the next screen. You will have to drag it to the edge of the screen and hold it there for a couple of seconds for it to slide over to the Right "Desktop" Area. Since this can be a bit tricky there is another option - You can drag the clock towards the bottom of the screen (towards the grey menu button) which will turn into a trash can and trash the clock. Then swipe over to the area of choice, LONG PRESS, select WIDGET, and then CLOCK and it will put the clock widget where you have selected... Hope that helps!

11. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    The clock has to go, at least the one that is currently on. The most frustrating thing is that mostly people like to keep clocks on home screen, just not the hideous ones like now.

12. kalva2410

kalva2410 New Member

Oct 4, 2008

hey thanks!!! I`ll have to try that out..

13. asi-fm

asi-fm Guest

I like the clock.