1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have aHome or Open Home?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dragonfly, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

i downloaded the dxtop demo and i had a few problems with it. it was a little slow, i couldn't open google maps, and it kept screwing things up when i put it in the car dock. so i uninstalled it, but when i go back to it in the market it says it's installed, but then when i click on it the "open" and "uninstall" buttons at the bottom are grey and i can't click on them. i wasn't too excited about it. but i may try it again.

2. Quie

Quie New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    That's weird. I didn't have any of those problems. I have the google maps icon in the dock bar and it launches just fine for me. The one thing I noticed on my Droid, was I had to get rid of the automatic task killer. It seemed to cause a lot of problems for me on my phone. My brother had the same issues with automatic task killer.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    really? that may have been the problem. i just stopped using my task killer, at least on a regular basis. that could have been it. i may try it again. although i didn't really find a cool themes. do you recommend any?

5. Quie

Quie New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    I just use a black backgound that I found in the wallpaper gallery on my Droid. The thing I have noticed about themes, is no matter what home program you are using, the theme icons don't replace all of the icons on your system. So I just leave everything stock from Dxtop and change the wallpaper.

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I am using Panda as my home screen replacement. I like the "stock" icons well enough, but I wanted the option to have more screens. Panda is free, and gives you up to 7. Newly released to work with the Droid..

Using stock icons, and one of the standard wallpapers that is on the phone...

7. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Sounds like i'll be giving this one a shot tonight, hopefully i dont have to uninstall it right away like i've had to with the others. Thanks sherri.

8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    No problem!